[DeTomaso] Valve Height accuracy

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Dec 26 00:38:54 EST 2009

Boy there is a lot to be said in that area.

Valve stem height has to do with the rocker/pushrod/lifter geometry,
which installed spring height speaks to coil bind.  So......

A difference of 0.047" might be the difference between coil binding and
not.  It sounds like you don't have enough clearance to meet the spec.
What you have to do at this point is know at what height the spring will
bind.  If your valve lift (not cam lift) compresses the spring from
1.853 past that bind point, then the coils will bind, and you don't want
that.

I know I'm being vague here, it's Christmas, I'm focusing on Lego and
1:18 scale Hot Wheels.  :)

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie