[DeTomaso] Anyone using 245/40/17 Front Tires

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Thu Dec 24 14:11:38 EST 2009

In a message dated 12/24/09 8:44:30 AM, cengles at cox.net writes:
snip.....
> I believe (sorry Maddog) that the extra positive caster over common stock
> settings produces a
> little different front suspension geometry that puts the front mid-arch
> fender lip rather too close for driving purposes without some special
> attention. In my opinion (sorry Maddog), this is not likely to be necessary if the
> low positive stock caster setting is used…….

Agreed. In particular, pulling larger than stock tires back towards the
cabin with more caster will in sharp turns interfere with the wiper shield on
the right, the cowl drain pipe on the left and may rub brake lines, even if
they somehow clear the inner fender panels. Check those hoses before driving
very far! FWIW- J Deryke