[DeTomaso] Pure Power Oil Filters High Performance Motor Oil

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 18 13:32:43 EST 2009

Dave,

These are great looking units with the same principle design as System-1 and Oberg systems which incorporates a removable and cleanable SS filter element. These and others have been around for a long time. I installed the first one in the Pantera in  Seattle back in 1985!

If you have a Summit/Jegs catalog you can compare the price of the Pure Power with  System 1 remote.  The advantage of course is you aren't buying oil filters but then how often do you expect to buy filters.

Having said that it is arguable if the average driver needs pre-oilers, oil coolers and remote filters unless they are planning to run very hard or be at WOT/race conditions on a regular basis. The downside to all the remotes is fitting and hose failure, etc.

So ask yourself do you really need or really desire any of this coool sheeit.  In my case I argued for and against the NEED (logic) vs DESIRE (EVIL)  of 180 degree headers and IR-EFI......DESIRE won out ;-)

"A man has to got to know his limitations"...........Merry Christmas.

Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing
www.teampanteraracing.com