[DeTomaso] Headliner glue

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Mon Aug 31 00:17:41 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Well, I re-stuck my headliner about 10 years ago with 3M Super77 Trim
Adhesive.  Today as I was working on the car I finally decided to pull
it out as it's been sagging again.  The trouble is, it's -still- sticky,
but won't stay stuck.  I know, it's sounds weird, but I got it out and
the roof it still tacky and the liner is still tacky but it won't stay
stuck to each other for prolonged periods of time.

So..... what are the recommendations?  What is a better glue to use than
the 3M Super 77 that I currently have?
Any suggestions on cleaning what glue there is, off the ceiling and the
headliner material?

I appreciate any and all insights.
Thanks,
Asa Jay