[DeTomaso] VIN 4201 - looking for info

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 17:00:36 EDT 2009

Patrick,

Are you SURE you have 4201 (THPNMD04201)?  (An 8/72 build date, 31 cars after the L model
began production.)

4201 is in the DeTomaso Registry.  It does show a white car, but not completely
as you describe (no roll bar).  Can you send me some photos to compare, including at least
one VIN plate?

THEN I might be able to help you with details on your car.

The car in the Registry is 4201, and a VIN plate is included, for verification.

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RTHPNMD04201/RTHPNMD04201.asp

General comment:
Occasionally I am asked why including a VIN plate is necessary for the Registry.
There have been a few discrepancies when people add a car to the Registry, either
with an honest typo or they don't really know.  Luckily the number of mistakes has been
small, and resolved by a photo or two.

Details on VIN location, and examples are found in the DeTomaso Registry.

Chuck Melton
(The Registry Guy)

I just purchased Pantera bits and pieces from a good friend in France,
including the chassis of VIN 4201.
This car used to race in GR3 trim in the USA . It is very easily
recongnizable:  all over white livery, huge holes in the front hood and rear
decklid .
For those who would like to help, I have just one period picture of the car
that I can show.
This car was bought by my friend from Dave Adler a couple of years ago, but
Dave has very few information about the race career of this car.
The roll cage is welded in the chassis. Lots of hard to find useful new GR4
spares are included in the package ( original spindles, original Webers... )
which is the main reason why I bought it.
I'd like to have as many info as possible about the car's history.
Apparently, it's a 1972 model, but the Registry has no info either ( seems
like.... Not familiar with Registry using) . Tks for yr help.
Patrick