[DeTomaso] Two things questions

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 21 10:43:30 EDT 2009

  I've had "all of the above" on different cars.  One Pantera had a body colored engine bay that was done as well as the

great paint on the outside.  It looked great and wasn't that hard to maintain, but it was more area to wash, wax & dust.

I did worry about dinging it and took extra precautions while working in there.  One car had the original coating.  While

you would think it was rugged, it too could be scraped and scratched and looked even worse when you did.  The current

car is apart for a quick (yea right) refurb and will have a hybrid engine bay.  I'm smoothing all the spot welds and lumps and bumps but I'm going to paint it with some hard satin black finish.  I think that would be the best for my vision of a neat

purposeful car...getting away from the bling for blings sake.  I like racecar  simplicity.

  A friend did his ina bed-liner material but it had a little too much "tooth" and would hold all the dust as well as snag lint when he tried to wipe it down. I'm sure you could thin the material for a smoother finish.

Michael Frazier
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa