[DeTomaso] Two things questions

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Thu Aug 20 19:47:24 EDT 2009

#1, personal opinion, I work on my cars, so I would -not- paint it
body color and make it all shiny and stuff.  I would do the same thing
I did with my Mach I.  It has a black textured hard coating.  I don't
remember for certain, but I believe the product was chip-guard.  It
almost looks like an undercoat, but isn't.

#2 - Drive it -hard-. if you don't drive it hard for the first 500
miles, the rings will never seat.  It's the high pressure that seals
the rings to the cylinders.  If you don't get on it and let the engine
brake (not break), the rings won't seat.  After 500 - 1000 miles of
hard driving... enjoy it.

Asa Jay