[DeTomaso] Two things questions

Bill Lewis lotus0005 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 20 10:17:34 EDT 2009

Question #1  -  My car is in the paint & body shop.  I have the option of doing the engine bay the same as my exterior body paint, or doing some type of "bedliner" type of paint.

Obviously, the body paint looks fantastic!!!  But, what about tools falling, working on the engine, or if I want to use the "tub" to carry luggage, etc.

What have others done and how did you come to your decision?

Question #2  -  I am getting a new "crate" engine.  It is fairly high HP, but from a reliable company with a 24 month warranty.  I am not a racer - just an old dude who wants to feel good about his car.

How should I break in the engine?  I know this was covered recently, but the thought then was to prepare it to be a racer - not a daily driver.

Thanks, Bill Lewis