[DeTomaso] HELP! ATO fuse panel confusion

Forest Majors oldveloce at comcast.net
Fri Aug 14 06:45:02 EDT 2009

Chris,

Pantera color coding varies between years from the original schematic but
the general wiring is still basically the same with little variation.
Secondly, these cars have had their electrical systems modified over the
years by mechanics and owners that do not have a clue. These are the worst
to correct. Jon's ATO panel has imprinted the circuit on both the front and
the back of the panel so one method is to use a schematic for your car and
just move the wires over. If your wiring has been modified then just align
your current load side with the same amperage fuse.

In most installations that I have seen you just move your wires over, one at
a time, from their same position on your old panel to the new panel. If you
remove all the wires at once from the old panel and do not have a schematic,
or cannot follow the labels on the new panel it could be confusing.

The tabs do line up - and there are some extra connectors but don't confuse
the input side of the fuse panel with the output side. On the original fuse
box the input side is opposite from the output side. Look at Jon's
illustration in his instructions - it really is very straight forward if you
follow his example.

Jon did a tech session for PONE and we were installing headlight control
units and fuse panels in mass. I have to say that his electronic components
are the very best - they not only solve a lot of the problems with the old
Pantera system - they improve those systems with new features that are quite
elegant. Like modulating the radiator fans on the output side to keep the
temperature constant for the engine to run consistently at the optimum
temperature. Nice. And no I do not have any vested interest.

Forest Majors