[DeTomaso] Rear Bushing Material

Thomas Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Thu Aug 13 01:36:52 EDT 2009

Thanks Mike, I kinda figured they had been replaced.

Best regards,

Tom Borcich

From: MikeLDrew at aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 01:26:38 -0400
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Rear Bushing Material
To: tborcich at msn.com; detomaso at realbig.com

In a message dated 8/12/09 17 03 7, tborcich at msn.com writes:

Were the stock rear upper A arm bushings a different material when compared to the bottoms?

My cars suspension is off right now getting the wheel houses repaired and I was

assuming that both sets of bushings (top and bottom) would need replacing because the

lowers are rubber and are showing plenty of cracks. I assumed that the tops would be

in the same poor condition, but they look almost new so they may have been replaced.

The upper bushings look to be a black hard plastic and are probably polyurethane.

Then they definitely have been replaced in the past.   All the A-arm bushings were the rubber/metal bonded type.

Mike

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222846709x1201493018/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd=JulystepsfooterNO115)