[DeTomaso] Fwd: RE: Drilled Bolts

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Aug 12 15:16:01 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/12/09 12 11 24, guson at home.se writes:

> Are the bend/tab locks starting to look attractive again? :-)

Or what about lockwashers?   Would they not be appropriate in this
application?

I've always wondered why every car I've ever worked on had no lockwashers
on the caliper mounting bolts.   In fact the Pantera is the only car I've
worked on that uses any sort of retention mechanism at all.

My Pantera has Dennis Quella's Wilwood system, which has a bracket bolted
to the stock spindles and hubs, and then the caliper bolts to the bracket.
There is no locking system of any kind used with that setup either?