[DeTomaso] Ebay 351 C Oil Addition line for Main #4 and #5

tony DiGiovanna tonydigi at optonline.net
Sun Aug 2 12:06:39 EDT 2009

>My reasoning is that
>a)  There is little harm to the external line.

Do not underestimate the safety risk of an external line.  Crazy S**T
happens!  I see the external line as an added, unecessary, opportunity to
spew oil all over...zero traction, loss of oil pressure, fire, etc.,
ensuing.

Case in point, while I'm sharing my mishaps, consider this story:  At Pocono
this year, my steel-braided clutch hose got displaced far enough by wind
blast to rub the half shaft and eventually wore thru.  You wouldn't think it
possible, at rest.  Here's my favorite part:  I take the damaged, teflon
lined, steel-braided hose over to a Ferrari service crew that are at the
track.  The guy says, "no-no, no can fix, will leak."  My reply was, "No
wonder you're in last place in F1 this year." I went to Pep Boys and got a
piece of steel brake line and four small hose clamps.  Leak free.  Missed
only one run session.

Also, if you choose to run the external line, please do not use any
alluminum fittings.  Go with steel and ensure rigid support every 4 inches
or so.