[DeTomaso] Ebay 351 C Oil Addition line for Main #4 and #5

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 2 11:17:15 EDT 2009

What about Michael Frazier's failure at BBORR this year?  His camshaft broke
between the last 2 journals.  Would the external line have made a
difference?  Probably not, but it's a thought.

I drilled my block to 3/8" (the passage from the sending unit to the cam)
and ran a -8 external oil line.  I was considering drilling the pipe threads
out to a larger size, but I left them alone.

My reasoning is that

a)  There is little harm to the external line.  It doesn't come close to the
headers.  I ran it down the middle of the intake.  It is a "soft" line -
braided a/n - so it can't crack.

b)  Adding a line downstream could increase pressure to #1 and #2.  The
external line should equalize pressure, which is what we want.

And yes, it probably isn't necessary, but it probably doesn't hurt either.