[DeTomaso] Air Conditioner Compressor Belt Tension

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Aug 1 16:36:28 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/1/09 12 28 18, JDeRyke at aol.com writes:

> Finally, I dunno whether the vendors have solved the problem or not, but
> it
> used to be impossible to find a replacement bearing for the idler bearing
> when it went out- you had to replace the entire idler assembly; just
> another
> reason to eliminate the idler.

It was never impossible--the bearing has always been available.   It was
knowing which bearing to ask for that was challenging.   But thanks to SOBill
and his incredible gearhead database, it's now childishly simple to figure
out stuff like that.

Air Conditioner Idler Pulley bearing:   NAPA #6203-2RSJ or 6203-2RS2
Idler pulley bearing      Koyo    #6203RS

Idler Pulley   (3 1/8 Dia.…..slightly larger than stock)   Factory Air
#45902    ~$20   Auto Zone/ Kragens   (That's a whole replacement pulley, not
just the bearing)

AC idler pulley with bearing and bolt is NAPA # 209842 ~ $20

http://www.motionindustries.com/   Aluminum A/C idler bearing   I.D.17mm
O.D.35mm W 14mm.   # is 63003-2RS1. Not standard 10mm in width.

I think everybody should bow towards Torrance and bless Bill Taylor at
least once a day! :>)