[DeTomaso] NPC Re: Speeding ticket check returned

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 19:49:08 EDT 2009

As I said in New York they have deprived you of almost all the rights
guaranteed under the constitution and under our judicial system. The right
to face your accuser is one of the most fundamental precepts in English
common law. I have never heard rf a trial where the prosecuting attorney
testified as the witness for the prosecution. You can't cross examine
someone who wasn't there. Even in New York the officer has to appear if you
take it to trial. The trial will be heard by and ruled on by an
administrative judge. Not A Jury. The difference in a DUI is that that is a
criminal offence where most Traffic citations are classified as "Violations"
which are not crimes. It has to be a least a class b Misdomeanor to be a
crime in which case you are guaranteed a trial by a jury of your peers ( if
you so choose) in any of the 50 states and the territories of the United
States. If you are found guilty by the Kangaroo court judge for a traffic
Violation Then you can appeal to circuit court and get all the stuff you get
in "real Court"including discovery, and a Jury . They make you really want
to use the system to prove a point. I had a case that was a total sham where
I as accused of speeding in my 911 at a speed that would qualify as reckless
driving. The State trooper. was coming toward me and after he passed he made
a u turn went past me and pulled over a Mitsubishi eclipse. By the time I
caught up to him and the eclipse he was standing in the road and waved me
over. He gave me a speeding ticket that was supposedly the result of a radar
reading. Under the law in NY and all other 49 states as far ( as I know) a
cop can only give one speeding ticket for one radar reading. He has to
recalibrate the radar gun after every reading that results in a ticket. He
gave both of us tickets even though we were in two different locations and
traveling at two different speeds. The whole thing stunk to high heaven. I
wanted to drag this asshole trooper into court to fight this ticket so badly
I could taste it. To make a long story shorter after almost two years of
getting dicked around and having all my attempts at discovery ( subpoenaing
the troopers ticket book, the radar gun calibration logs, his ticket
history, his notes from the back of the ticket you name it ( all things I
would be legally entitled to in circuit court or any criminal court or case)
were all denied. When I finally got to court on the day I was supposed to
have a trial the prosecuting attorney (who also acts as public defender)
(Talk about a conflict of interest!) Offered me a plea of failure to obey a
sign. A $60.00 fine no points and no more missed time from work. This had
been my forth time in court. Each of the previous times I refused to accept
a plea deal and insisted on a trial. I realized that even if I won the money
it was costing me in lost revenue from days spent in court on top of the
potential penalties if I were found guilty ( even though I was completely
innocent ( Innocence is no guarantee of a not guilty finding) It just wasn't
worth the risk and expense not to take their deal. That's how they win. They
grind you down and make it so time consuming and expensive to fight you give
in. It's a great system, ( for them).Boyd
AKA "The Defendant"