[DeTomaso] Fuel sending unit

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Apr 9 15:36:19 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/9/09 7:00:04 AM, panteradon at gmail.com writes:

> So, can anyone verify that you CAN or CANNOT pull the sending unit without
> pulling the side window?????

I say no UNLESS you severely bend the wire float arm to clear things. On one
broken sending unit here at my place, the right-angle bend as the float arm
enters the resistor, someone did this and the severely curled arm broke in
two.... I'd also say that getting the sender out is perhaps 45% of your problem.
There's a large vertical slosh-baffle inside the tank; if you return a new
sender to the tank the same way, there's an excellent chance the float will go into
the wrong compartment and you'll get an erroneous reading- or no reading at
all. Its SO simple to pull the quarter-window and frame out, taking such a
chance makes no sense to me at all. Good luck- J Deryke