[DeTomaso] Window regulator adjustment

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Apr 8 00:58:19 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/7/09 8:32:10 PM, rfmccall at comcast.net writes:

> Does anyone have any tips or tricks for aligning the window regulators to
> achieve smooth operation? I bought new glass,whiskers,felt from Wilkinson. I
> can't get it to work smoothly no matter what I do.

Ron, on our '72 L, I slotted the bottom rear window guide bolt hole in the
door bottom, in two directions with a rat-tail file in a cross-shape, to allow
the guide to self-center itself. Then, I wound up using shim-washers under the
regulator against the door panel to space it inboard. This was with the stock
window drive mechanism, and only on the drivers side. Once I added the Vader
drives, the need for all this nonsense went away. Good luck- J Deryke