[DeTomaso] Why 2 different styles of front L type bumpers?-look at these 2 L bumper pics

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Apr 2 23:21:01 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/2/09 8 03 54, kmaguire at landrovermiramar.com writes:

> The bumper on the red car is definitely not lined up flush with the top of
> the fender while the silver GTS shown appears to have a flush mounted
> bumper-(especially so when looking at the right front fender.)
>
>  http://www.steveflier.biz/About%20The%20Pantera.html

Actually, both are perfectly lined up.   It's extremely difficult to see in
the small-sized photos that you referenced.   I have the originals (they are
internal Ford photos) and will send them to you, and you'll see that both fit
exactly the same--which is to say, properly.

The red car is probably a prototype for the L-model; it has a somewhat unique
hood that only appeared on a handful of prototype Panteras (including the
six-cylinder cars), and wears Pre-L wheels and tires, among other things.