[DeTomaso] NPR P38's & P-51's - Question for the grunts

Chuck Adkinson apache34 at embarqmail.com
Wed Apr 1 17:41:26 EDT 2009

Mr. Dog,

In 69-70 my crew and I use to drop off 6 man LRRP patrols for a 6 night
listening watch in the III Corp jungles of Tay Ninh province. 7 days later
or so we'd fly back out for the pick-up. Once in awhile their position would
be compromised and we'd scramble to a siren and go back early 24/7 to pull
their asses out (where the term "shit hit the fan" no doubt originated).
They ate "LRRP rations" while out there and always gave the helicopter crews
what they didn't eat. Good, good stuff. No doubt you remember.

Chuck Adkinson
A Troop, 1st Squadron, 9th Cav 69/70