[DeTomaso] Electronic ignition

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 14:46:36 EDT 2008

Thanks to everyone that contibuted info on my question concerning "weber
style"efi. I really appreciat all the info. I just bought my 1973 Pantera L
a few weeks ago and I bought it from the estate of the previous owner so I
don't have the benefit of asking him tech questions about how he set it up.
I amhaving some ignitionproblems and it appears that my ignition is a mix of
electronic ignition and "old style parts" It has no points but the pointless
ignition is in theoriginal distributor. I want to upgrade to a more modern
electronic ignition and I am looking for input as to what brand /model  of
coil, distributor, plugs, wiresetc. would be recommended. Since as I said
the previous owner has gone to the " Pantera  track in the sky" iI can't get
the specs but the engine is running a 650 Holley with a manual choke, it has
some kind of upgraded cam,It has what I think is an upgraded ansa exhaust. I
recognize lots of parts from  Hall panteras catolouge so the guy apparently
spent a fair amount of money on various odds and ends but I can't tell whats
on the inside. Any suggestions as far as ignition components would be very
welcome.
Thanks
Boyd411 at gmail.com