[DeTomaso] 2008 SSCC day Four

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Thu Sep 18 23:48:56 EDT 2008

Team Pantera Racing has arrived.  We were one of the first groups to
arrive and if you don't think the legend is really a legend... you
haven't been here.

The Dog was greeted by pretty much everyone we saw, from Hotel staff,
other participants, to the restaurant staff.  The fear in the other
participants eyes was palpable.  The Phoenix Pantera was the first car
proudly displayed in front of Hotel Nevada.  Behind it, is Scott
Couchman's Yellow Pantera.  Scott arrived just as Mad Dog and I
finished some jail time (that's another story).  So we ran him down
and got him to park right behind Mad Dog's Pantera.  Scott plans on a
lower speed class, so the million is safe at the moment.

Dennis is settling in with his meds while I schmooz the other racers
at the welcoming event.  I've met a lot of great people and had to
tell a lot of good Team Pantera and Mad Dog stories.... without the
man there himself.  (poor guy) I've met other Pantera owners, some
racing Pantera's and other racing something else.  I've met other
folks from Washington state, and I've not even scratched the surface.

I have to tell you, if you haven't been to one of these, you have no
idea of what you are missing.  Absolutely -no- idea.  And we haven't
even been racing yet.

Tech is tomorrow, so Dan, if the Winged Warrior isn't here tomorrow, I
guess we'll just look at your ramblings as an idle threat.  Bring it
on next year man and TPR will still have the $5mil handy.  Seriously,
get the wheel and tire thing sorted out long before you show up.  My
slacker a$$ didn't get everything done in time either, but I got lucky
to get hooked with the Dog for this trip and it's been a great ride so
far.

Well, off to get some sleep, it's been a long day of driving and we
have a long day tomorrow of reminding them all of whose back in town.

See y'all.

Asa Jay

PS.  Still looking for some kind of Internet access besides this old
PC at the front desk for general customer use.  We'll see what happens.