[DeTomaso] E-brake with Wilwood Brakes

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 19:36:30 EDT 2008

This depends somewhat on your rotor thickness. If you have OEM or 0.81" rotors then leave the stock calipers for your e-brake and mount the Wilwoods forward. I purchased a set of modified (widened) stock calipers that work with 1.25" vented discs. One of the vendors was apparently selling these for while, but it's not hard to get a decent shop to widen them for you.

Alternatively Wilwood has mechanical spot calipers (similar to Pantera East & PPC calipers) for $60 ea. and designed for kart use. Summit Racing part #'s are Wilwood 120-2280 & 120-2281 for L & R. These are designed for 0.81" rotor thickness, but you can make a spacer block and widen them relatively easily. You may also need to fabricate mounting brackets.

Julian  > A few years back my father purchased a Wilwood setup from one of the > Pantera> vendors.? I can no longer find the shipping labels or the credit card> information to find out which vendor it was.? What I need the group's> expertise on is what kind of aftermarket e-brake setup would work with the> car and the Wilwood brakes?>  Both Pantera East in St. Petersburg, FL and Pantera Performance Center in Colorado sell the same mechanical e-brake setup. It's quite an elegant thing, and it works very well. It's a pure mechanical parking brake (no hydraulics involved). You will have to provide some very specific measurements regarding disc thickness and offset, as each one is custom-made. I think they are $395, plus $50 or something for the cables. Mike