[DeTomaso] CA Bill AB 3053 DEAD!!!!

michael at michaelshortt.com michael at michaelshortt.com
Wed Sep 10 13:48:58 EDT 2008

Congratulations Kal EEE Fornians

You are represented by some politicians who indeed do have a brain, one of
them is
Senator Cox from the forst district.

He sent me this unsolicited followup just now, again a rare move and truly a
sign of a man who should be supported.
An email of thanks should be sent to him, his email address is
Senator.Cox at senate.ca.gov

Thank you for contacting my office to convey your views regarding
Assembly Bill 3053 (Jones), a bill which would have required older and
classic vehicles to obtain an annual Smog Check clearance.  I appreciate
hearing from you.
AB 3053, a bill which originally related to domestic relations, had
passed both houses of the Legislature and was on the Governor's desk
when the author had the bill pulled from the Governor's desk and
returned to the Senate.  The author had the bill gutted and amended on
August 22 to include content virtually identical to his AB 616 from last
year.  The bill was subsequently assigned to the Senate Appropriations
Committee; however, it died without a hearing.  Consistent with my
opposition to AB 616, I was similarly opposed to AB 3053 as written.
Again, thank you for taking the time to express your concerns.  Please
feel free to communicate with me in the future on other issues of
interest.
Sincerely,
DAVE COX
Senator, First District

--
Michael L. Shortt
www.michaelshortt.com
michael at michaelshortt.com

privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you
have received this message in error, then delete it. Thank you