[DeTomaso] DeTomaso] Air-Gap / Weind

Dan Courtney dfcex at pacbell.net
Sat Sep 6 15:05:03 EDT 2008

I've been looking for a 2v spread bore intake for my current street motor build and neither Jegs nor Summit sell any Weind other than the single plane.
I was told they previoulsy had the hottest 2v intake but the Edelbrock Air Gap copied alot of the features and is not the hot ticket, so I ordered one. I don't care about the height because "The Winged Warrior's" deck lid has already been notched for Quella's previous Weber set-up and the screen is long gone.
Dan Jones and others undoubtedly know alot more about this, but I want a dual plane for street use and didn't see many other options.
After spending a surprise $1,800.00 on a set of domestic cast-iron 2v heads (to keep my compression down to 10.25) and supposedly pick up some low end power I now wish I had gone aluminum, but too late now.
The "Winged Warrior" should still qualify for bench race bracket A, and I'll post the dyno results, one she's installed and broken in.

Dan
Dan F. Courtney

Excalibur Commercial Real Estate Services
La Jolla, CA

Phone (858) 551-5455
Fax (858) 551-5456