[DeTomaso] Aluminum Heads - opinions

Lynn Wall cars at wt-inc.com
Wed Sep 3 20:29:42 EDT 2008

All,

The machine shop has lost my Cleveland heads.  They have offered to
compensate me fairly for them and since I do A LOT of work with them through
my company I have no reason to doubt it.

Three questions:

First:

What is the value of a set of 4V cast iron heads.  Assume no cracks or
damage.  I have everything but the valves and springs

Second:

What are the opinions regarding Aluminum heads?  If I'm buying heads I might
as well consider all options

I am not stroking the motor but am boring it out 0.030

Revs over 6500 scare the crap out of me.

I enjoy great acceleration in 1st through 4th (torque)

I would rather smoke the tires that do 200 mph (my apologies to MD)

10.5:1 compression max

Most of the lower end components are going to be stock due to budget issues.
Obviously if I am going to aluminum heads I will go to a roller valve train.

Third:

Do all the available header options bolt right up to the aluminum heads?

Thanks in advance,

Lynn