[DeTomaso] Looped brake lines question

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Tue Sep 2 23:21:59 EDT 2008

Okay, well here are my two cents.

If the loop were at the bottom of the line, i.e. the line entered and
exited at the top of the loop, then I wouldn't worry, but your loop is
just the opposite, allowing an area where air could conceivably get trapped.

Now, with that said, you -are- going to be using the same pressure
bleeder you did previously this week.  Therefore, I really don't see air
getting trapped there as long as you bleed the entire system properly.

The best solution would be to eliminate the loop, but foregoing that,
just pressure bleed the system and be happy.  I'm sure you'll do what's
right.  :)

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie