[DeTomaso] Looped brake lines question

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Sep 3 16:16:52 EDT 2008

Loops in high pressure lines are a sort of strain relief used to prevent
metal fatigue. You sometimes see them in factory power brake assemblies- GM
especially. But the pressures in our brake lines and especially in the hydraulic
clutch line are too low to exhibit much expansion & contraction. I'd remove them-
its just extra metal that can trap air during bleeding.
I'd also think about putting all those lines UNDER the floor for a cleaner
look and for some amount of protection from battery corrosion (if the battery is
in the stock place) and from debris-damage if you carry loose stuff in the
front trunk. FWIW- J Deryke