[DeTomaso] POCA Photo Album Update

msm at portata.com msm at portata.com
Wed Oct 22 03:08:39 EDT 2008

A photo album has been on our to-do list.  With the recent announcement
that AOL's photo hosting is going away shortly, we pushed the album
rollout to the top of the stack and scrambled to get it set up.

While photo albums display are easy, implementing an album management
system that gives end-users the ability to upload and manage their own
photos is much more involved, especially one that is integrated into our
web site.

That said, we managed to put up an implementation on the site today. It
is fully operationally but is currently undergoing tests to make sure
that it works the way we want it to.  We are also evaluating another
implementation to see how well it does.  You are free to look at it and
even log in and upload some of your own photos, videos, audio, pdfs,
etc., but be aware that we may yank that one down and go with the other
implementation.  We will have the decision made shortly.

The net of it is that if you are a POCA member with files on AOL, we got
your back.  Just download your files from AOL now then upload them to
the POCA site when it is ready.