[DeTomaso] Electrical problem

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Oct 18 20:10:47 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/18/08 3:59:25 PM, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> The fans were wired staright to the battery , no relays ,no thermostat, and
> no switcth. I noticed the fans were blowing out not sucking in so I reversed
> the polarity.

There is no 'main fuse'. But somehow you've reversed the wrong thing! I'd
either completely disconnect the fans or put things back as they were, before you
cause a fire since I assume they're still wired directly to the battery
without relays. Many fans will pull over 19 amps apiece and really need relays.
And simply reversing the polarity of the wires may not solve your fan problem.
On some radiator fans, the blades must also be reversed on their motor shafts,
or you wind up with a very inefficient fan. Check the amount of air blown,
not just the air direction. Good luck- J Deryke