[DeTomaso] ELECTRICAL QUESTION / Dick Ruzzin

Larry - Ohio Time Corp larry at ohiotimecorp.com
Tue Oct 14 12:20:19 EDT 2008

Hi Dick,

They will produce so little amps that no harm will come of it. The power it
produces will be used up to power the light. If the light or anything else
in the car did not use the power it would end up back charging the battery.
Not likely. If you use a two "poll" relay you can switch hot and ground on
and off with the relay and you will not see this. A "diode" can also be used
to block the power from back feeding the electrical system.

The amp gauge is most likely a problem on its own. Disconnect the battery,
then open up the dash to tighten up the connections at the amp gauge. Remove
the outside nut, wires and washers. Clean them all up with an emery board
file. Snug the back nut to the gauge then reinstall the wires and nuts.

I would also do the same for the grounding stud under the dash. Clean and
tight is a good way to be.

Larry - Cleveland