[DeTomaso] ELECTRICAL QUESTION / Dick Ruzzin

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Oct 14 13:39:44 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/14/08 6:28:55 AM, Dickruzzindesign at aol.com writes:

> My question is, does that current from the radiator fans go into the
> battery somehow, or could it have a destructive effect on my alternator?

Possibly the road speed is exceeding the air speed of the toy fans delivered
stock on a Mangusta. If so, on some cars the fans being over-spun by air flow,
they act as mini-generators. This is sometimes seen on Panteras with
electronic ignitions and the fix is a diode that acts as an electronic check-valve in
the system. This seems workable on a Goose. I'm not at all familiar with the
'Goose electrics, though so I can't tell you where to add one- or two. But its
something to think about. Good luck -JDeryke