[DeTomaso] cooler air to carb

RKMosier at aol.com RKMosier at aol.com
Fri Oct 10 13:32:50 EDT 2008

We have talked in the past about the gill area and air flow over them and
scoops and such.  Is the feeling that area is a negative pressure  area?  What I
am wondering is if you drew air through vents there, without  scoops would it
be drawn into the air filter/carb at speed or would it be a  negative
situation and actually be bad and reduce air to the carb when at  spped?  In stop and
go traffic I assume it would be cooler air than that in  the engine
compartment but could be bad a speed?

I am just wondering if there is a easy (a relative term) to get air cooler
that the hot engine bay air into the carb without changing the lines and design
 of the car like scoops on the roof or gill area.

This would not reduce the circulation in the engine compartment of  course.
For that you would have to vent like the fans on the grill over  the engine as
someone showed us pictures months back had done.

Perhaps I am going over old ideas.

Richard
3714 72 Pre L