[DeTomaso] Several comments & questions

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 18:59:11 EDT 2008

To me 180's like IR-EFI is just something I always wanted....I just couldn't afford either one for the 1st 8-10 years I owned the Pantera.

  Obviously no one (but mine) came from the factory with this equipment! ;-]>

  But to be honest I could not of cared less if I gained or lost HP.... You own a Pantera with 500 RWHP that can be driven on the street, or the track or any open road race that sounds like a screaming bangee at 180 mph...and you can catch up and pass a Viper, Porsche or Vette at Silver State ...man, thats a beautiful thing.

  None of it was cheap...... but the 180's surprisingly made  HP increases in the midrange to top end I never counted on or expected.........and the IR-EFI system that Mike Trusty built actually made more HP & TQ completely across the rpm range ffrom low to high....that was a big surprise to me...not necessarily to Mike.

  And the most important reward for me is the grins and the nods of approval I get from everyone who sees or hears the Pantera.

  After 20+ years I've still got a "ohhhh-sheeeit-I-just-ate-the-canary-grin" on my face. If I could just find one woman that could do that...okaynever mind - just kidding ;-]>

  dawg, just counting my blessings

  Dawg, considering going Rat Rod black for 2009 ORR Season