[DeTomaso] Cranky Question

tony DiGiovanna tonydigi at optonline.net
Wed Oct 1 21:14:19 EDT 2008

A while back I bought a pile of used parts from a Pantera owner.  One item
is a cast crank reportedly purchased new some years ago by a professional
engine builder who built him an engine.  It is a stock replacement item.
Looks nearly identical to cranks I have pulled out of stock engines.  It has
no recognizable identification on it.  It has the Ford oval cast in the same
place as my stock cranks, however you can't make out Ford in the oval like I
can on my stock cranks.

Could it be any better or worse than a factory stock crank?