[DeTomaso] clutch

dyogi dyogi at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Nov 28 02:36:26 EST 2008

A well known old time racer here gave me a tip on lightening the clutch
pedal pressure on a long style McLeod pressure plate. They've been using it
for years without problems so I thought I'd give it a try since I was due
for a clutch change.

There are 9 spring in the pressure plate, three on each of the three sides.
They take out the middle spring from each side (three springs total).

They say that the springs are overkill and that the pressure plate can hold
high HP without the three removed springs. The long style, like the
Centerforce clamps harder as RPM increases.

I posted some pictures here:

HYPERLINK
"http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9550045562/m/3360055385"http:/
/pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9550045562/m/3360055385

Checked by AVG.
9:02 AM