[DeTomaso] clutch

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 22:07:28 EST 2008

Just as a slight addition to Mike's observations, a diaphragm is much easier to hold down sitting in traffic because the force in not linear like other pressure plates (assuming no trick linkage).  The force drops when a diaphragm clutch is fully disengaged.  So if you plan to drive where you will have a lot of stops at signals, a diaphragm would be good to consider.

Mike, so you know if Quela sold the McLeod hydraulic throwout?  cLeod seems to sell a lot of them.  I always heard that you have to be careful about depressing the pedal quickly if it hasn't been used for a while.  That should not happen when you are out and about, only when the car has set for a while

Ken