[DeTomaso] carbon fiber doors?

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Fri Nov 21 02:10:15 EST 2008

It is very easy to miss the point in search of weight savings. A hood is a
hood,
so here a light hood will do a great difference. But in the case of the
Pantera
as a whole, a carbone fibre chassis would not make the same difference since
we are bolting on moost of the weight. Much of the same apply to the doors,
we are bolting on moost of its weight. This means that the bolt on stuff
will be
as expensive as the shell of the door to fabricate.
Carbone fibre doors is also questionable in a street application from a
safety
standpoint since a side impact will destruct the panet in to knife edged
tools
cutting up the driver. A race car is supposed to have a door cage and
greater
panel to driver distance.
Therefore in a street application I should stay with the "bolt on"
lightening stuff.
Goran