[DeTomaso] Pantera Aerodynamics

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 11 16:51:09 EST 2008

Ken wrote:  I suspect that you are comparing apples to oranges here.  I think the hood raises because of low pressure above the hood's top surface and the wiper raise because of the air flow past them.
  I agree.  The wipers are right in a high speed flow area, kinda 45 degree upward angle if I'm not wrong.  I've been meaning to
do some more tuft tests.  The problem is getting a fast enough chase/photo car, a decent non-panicky photographer, and miles of
empty road where you can use 2 lanes.  Not as easy as it sounds.
  Another question.  If I wanted to do a simple pressure test using clear tubing and water columns, how would I take wind speed out
of the equation.  Some open cell foam or filter to keep wind speed and direction issues out.  Sorry, I'm not drillin' holes and mounted
the tubes flush.  That might alter the flat black flow characteristics.
Michael
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa...if you mounted one of those boat propeller trailer hitch covers on your Pantera's rear cross member...which way would it turn?