[DeTomaso] Fw: To thermostat or not to thermostat

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Wed May 21 09:32:04 EDT 2008

The original radiato is divided in two which dobble the wateerspeed in the
radiator.
I know of the "turbulent water speed idea" but during my testings it has
newer shown
very big cooling numbers. Twice the waterspeed is a lot, especially if we
think of
doing so by doubbling the pump capacity. Now, this is only the radiator, but
my
larger front area, both two and tree row crossflow type radiators, show more
cooloing
than  the strock radiator. So the radiator cooling area is of much greater
influence for cooling
than waterspeed. But of course, all features that add to cooling should be
used.
My old 385 500 cui Ford motor had a electric 10 gpm pump, which is fairly
slow, without
any cooling problem. Jesper Carlsson bought that engine and mounted Garry
H:s large
supercooler or what the name was, and experiencet traffic boiling. And he
used a regular
Ford belt pump. The reason for using another cooler and pump was reliability
and no
air outlet in the hood.
So what is doing what and to big extent? I believe in one thing, its good
whith a thermostat.
Ehhh, I am not having one myself.
Goran