[DeTomaso] leaking

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Mon May 19 17:27:51 EDT 2008

Thanks for all the replies/suggestions.

At this point, I have received the following to check:

1) steering rack (although it was just completely re-done about 2000 miles ago)

2) front brake lines (although they were replaced less than 2000 miles ago)

3) master cylinder for clutch

4) master cylinder for brakes

5) gear oil (although I don't know from what gear that would be from, since the leak is in the very front of the car)

or

6) blown head gasket (although the car starts right up and sounds great as it idles or drives)

I'll take a look at all these (except the head gasket, since I'm not sure what to look for).

Again, thanks for all the help!

Sincerely,

Chris