[DeTomaso] Braking Problem

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun May 11 17:01:30 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/9/08 6:40:08 PM, MikeLDrew at aol.com writes:
snip.....
> I have a Ford master cylinder sourced from Pantera Performance Center, and
> it works great.   I haven't heard anything negative about any of the
> available options except for the GM-based unit that Precision Pro-Formance sells.

Guess you weren't around. Both the Ford & GM adapted masters from a variety
of vendors often suffer from a too-small plastic bushing in the adapter, that
is supposed to guide the outer rod between the MS and booster. Under the heat
in our front trunks, the bushing swells, grabs the rod and the brakes
semi-lock. On PCNC runs over the years, I've reamed out two adapters withj a jack-knife
(what else?) on the road- the last in Russ Britschgi's machine. FWIW- J
DeRyke