[DeTomaso] stationary head lights

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Thu May 8 16:51:36 EDT 2008

I would think the Breathless Performance parts would rise above the fender line in streamlined covers like those of the C5R Corvettes.
They do several parts from vacu-formed plastic.  I don't see much need for this as the lights are up when it's DARK.  I also like the light
output from the big round Marchal units I used to use.  I say this while the current car has the VaderPantera Performance headlight kit installed .....when I bought it.
Michael> Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 13:42:15 -0700> From: kenn_green at yahoo.com> To: JDeRyke at aol.com; dyogi at hawaii.rr.com; detomaso at realbig.com> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] stationary head lights> > I think the diameter of headlights has drastically deceased in the past 3 or 4 years. I would suspect that the original cut in the fender may offer sufficient vertical extent for a modern light. One option might be to trim the leading edge of the cut parallel to the nose of the car to get a little more vertical extend.> > I think Goran has something like this, it would be good to ask him how well his works.> > Ken> > JDeRyke at aol.com wrote:> In a message dated 5/8/08 12:39:02 AM, dyogi at hawaii.rr.com writes:> snip....> > One of our members is looking into putting stationary head lights on his > > Pantera. > > > Note that of the few that have done this mod in the past, to get adequate > lighting distances at night from the rather small available space on a Pantera > and using road-legal lights, it was found necessary to cut the fenders from the > front of the headlight buckets down to the break-point of the front of each > fender. The resulting bodywork and repainting necessary has stopped many (myself > included) who might otherwise be interested. I'm interested in any road > results on moonless nights after these lights are mounted in uncut fenders- at well > above 55 mph, of course. THanks, Dennis- J Deryke> > > **************> Wondering > what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food.> > (http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?NCID=aolfod00030000000001)> _______________________________________________> > Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA> > Archive Search Engine Now Available at http://www.realbig.com/detomaso/> > DeTomaso mailing list> DeTomaso at list.realbig.com> http://list.realbig.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso> > _______________________________________________> > Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA> > Archive Search Engine Now Available at http://www.realbig.com/detomaso/> > DeTomaso mailing list> DeTomaso at list.realbig.com> http://list.realbig.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso