[DeTomaso] Pantera LEDs *Attention* previous buyers

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Thu May 8 13:53:58 EDT 2008

Pantera owners

Space City Panteras had sold all the LED Kits (15) we had assembled by year
end 2007.  Our margin was so small, capital outlay so large, and the effort
so significant that we wrestled with whether to assemble additional kits for
sale.  After much thought and emails from owners requesting them, Space City
decided to create 5 additional LED kits for sale.  Even better, one of our
LED suppliers invited us to become a dealer and provided us better pricing.
As a result, we were able to add to the kit a set of LED back-up lights ( a
$35 value) while keeping the price of the entire kit at $200!  David Bell
tested numerous available bulbs for the back-up receptacles before
determining this set as the best.  Two of the five kits are already spoken
for leaving three left.

No, you couldn't buy these LED bulbs, electronic flasher, diodes, pigtail
wiring and shipping from multiple suppliers cheaper yourself.  The break
light LEDs alone are $70.

This is a great value and I believe converts every exterior incandescent
bulb (except headlight) with a brighter LED.

We are updating our www.spacecitypanteras.com website to show this new
package details.

I suspect that they will go fast. Let me know if you want me to reserve a
set for you.

Previous LED Purchasers

I decided to take pictures of my taillight assembly with all the new LEDs
installed (including the back-up light) so that it would be available for
viewing on the website.

Unfortunately, I was unable to install the new larger Brake LEDs.  The
problem is that the manufacturer changed over from a metal to plastic
housing and the plastic housing is a bit wider.  This slight change made
what was originally a very tight squeeze seemingly impossible.

Fortunately, I was able to  chuck the back-up LEDs in a lathe and turn down
the housing to an ID that permits smooth installation.

The problem is that Space City has sold about five sets with these larger
brake lights with plastic housings.  And although no one has complained, I
am uncertain how they were able to fit them and I would like to improve
their experience.  If you have received the Brake lights with the white
plastic housing, please contact me.  If you return those bulbs to me, I will
reduce the OD  in a lathe and they will fit much better.  Of course, if you
have access to a lathe, you could accomplish the same thing.  But, I am
prepared to do it for you if you request it.

I apologize for the inconvenience.  The difference in OD is so small, I had
thought it immaterial, however, it seems a little bit matters in this
application.

JT