[DeTomaso] Paint job cost

David Gordon dgordon100 at cox.net
Tue May 6 01:02:35 EDT 2008

Thanks everyone for some very good info.  The car is probably going to
be done at Wilkinson's since he currently has the car apart for an
engine, fuel, interior,  and electrical system upgrade.  I'm trying to
avoid the case where I have him start it and I have to drive it around
in primer for a couple of years.  Looks like if I plan on approximately
$20K for paint I should be okay based on the info I got here.  If it is
less money, then great.  It is going to be a daily driver so I want a
paint job where I won't cry if it gets a rock chip or a parking lot
ding.  I hope to eventually take it out to some Pantera racing events
since I plan on having a fairly decent HP/TQ curve.

Thanks, David