[DeTomaso] Alignment help

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon May 5 13:15:39 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/30/08 17 53 16, seanmundy at hotmail.com writes:

> How do I actually adjust the toe?  Do I have to jack up the car and pop out
> the tierod ends and turn the ends in/out?

No, it's much simpler than that.   There is a locknut on the end of each
tierod, where it threads into the tie rod end.   Loosen the locknut, and also
loosen the hose clamp on the small end of the boot.   Then use a pair of
vice-grips and rotate the rod; turning it in one direction will move the wheel in, and
in the other direction, out.

But the proper thing to do is to take the car to an alignment shop and have
it done RIGHT.