[DeTomaso] numbers for C group

ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 31 17:53:07 EDT 2008

Thanks!  All I have to do now is figure out where to get the 007 numbers.

I'm hoping to drive like James Bond...

Sincerely,

Chris

Don't drive like Bond.  He trades paint like a NASCAR rookie (or Pro?)
BTW The NASCAR race at Martinsville was amusing.  I think NASCAR
orchestrated some nice crashes to increase the excitement.  I saw the
bumper-car action in the pits, for example.  One on-track bump was soooo
obvious even the announcers commented.  In response the officials leveled an
instant penalty forcing the offender to stay in the pits for two laps.

Pahrump is a nice long track, after a session starts you can run well for a
long time without having to deal with traffic.  And that is intentional.  It
is very rare that there is any contact between cars.   It only happened once
in the many years I was involved in running the event.  The offender (even
Gary Hall) would be invited to not return for the next (one) year.

One trick is to pull off down the pit entrance/exit lane, signal the flag
person that you want room, they will wave you back out when it is clear.
Then you can practice chasing down the car that is way ahead of you.  The
smart thing is to sign up for a teacher, too.
They will show you the best line, and you'll improve lap after lap.

You can also (try to) follow a better driver around, learning by watching
their style.

Enjoy the drive!

Chuck

To: chrisvkimball at msn.com; DeTomaso at realbig.comSubject: Re: [DeTomaso]
numbers for C groupDate: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 16:02:11 -0400From:
jeepinfool2001 at aol.comChris 007 your number is shown at
http://www.panteraclubnorcal.com/track_registrants.htmHave fun Mark Mensen
-----Original Message-----From: Christopher Kimball
<chrisvkimball at msn.com>To: Pantera List Serve <detomaso at realbig.com>Sent:
Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:57 amSubject: [DeTomaso] numbers for C group

Dear all,

I sent in my registration for the Vegas fun rally C group track time some
time
ago with the number I'd like to use on my car, but haven't heard anything
back
about the number yet.

Shouldn't I know what number I need to order so I can get it in time before
leave for the big road trip?  I'd like to get the vinyl stick-on kind.

If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Chris