[DeTomaso] smokin Pantera

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Mar 26 02:31:38 EDT 2008

In a message dated 3/25/08 23 06 16, SOBill writes:

> Unless you add a connector and a wire to your system to suit the one wire
> alternator, your gen light will not be on. The shop that did the alternator
> should have the correct connector/ pig tail wire. Then you need to add a jumper
> from the Blue/Black wire on the "I" (for indicator) terminal of your old
> voltage regulator to the new connector/pig tail.

Bill,

I was under the impression that when you switch to a one-wire configuration,
with no other modifications, the GEN light remain illuminated all the time.
Your solution presumably restores the original functionality of the light.

But, if my premise is correct, the fact that his GEN light is not illuminated
at all under any circumstances would indicate there is something wrong, no?
Even if it's just a blown GEN light bulb?