[DeTomaso] NORC Open Road Race May 15-18, 2008 (+ 1 Mile Shoot-Out)

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 13:50:44 EDT 2008

List Slackers,

  We're down to 52 days, 14 hours and counting until the Nevada Open Road Challenge The first ORR in Nevada is scheduled for May 15-18, 2008. Right now 6 Pantera owners are planning to travel to Ely to run. The team right now includes;

  JB Bentley
  Jason "the kid" Eaton
  Art Stephens
  Eliot Kushner
  Scott Couchman
  Dawg

  All running Pantera's. . .I'm trying to poke some of the old veterans like Bob "Big Dog" Benson, Rich 'Recon' Hoppe, Erik 'One-shot" Belter and Larry "Rockhouse" Stock out of retirement with sticks to get them to run their Panteras but its gonna be a challenge. As usual we need "YOU" and your Pantera or Mangusta  to run with the team. You don't have a great time I'll pay your expenses at the Green Lantern.

  Definately check the tech rules but if you can pass the tech inspection, you have a helmet and gloves you can run in the Touring Division at 125 Mph, party with the pack, enjoy your Pantera the way it was meant to be driven and have a blast the entire weekend.

  If you think you may be able to join us then get on the SSCC website line to get your hotel or motel reservations in Ely www.sscc.us.  As most of you know you can also download registration forms and check tech rules off the SSCC site.

  Last year the Dawg once again piloted the fastest Pantera <yawwwwn> at a 151 Mph Average. No one has yet to step up to out Alpha Dog the alpha Dawg who also can't see, can't hear, walks with a limp goes by the nickname of "Lucky" but I think JB, Chuck, Jason, Nick, LarryK, Dick, Eliot and everyone else who ran last year at the NORC  had a great time last year.

  I am looking forward to Art's rookie run and Scott's maiden voyage in his Pantera. Both are veteran racers.  This will be Scott's 2nd orr experience although the first in his Pantera and the only time in 20 years we have ever had more then 2 Pantera's from SoCal running at the same time.

  Okay, its 2008 and you need to set aside job, money, children and retirement worries and do an ORR before I retire...and this is absolutly-postiviely my last year.

  Good Times!

Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing
www.teampanteraracing.com