[DeTomaso] LED tail light Kit comparison

David & Marilyn Bell davidabell at worldnet.att.net
Thu Mar 20 23:57:16 EDT 2008

The Pantera Electronics LED kits look very well engineered - filling the
reflector area with light sources is a great idea.  While I haven't compared
the two kits, I would be very surprised if the Pantera Electronics LED kit
didn't put out more and better distributed light than the Space City kit.  I
can tell you though that the Space City brakelights are so bright that they
create a photo spot on your retina if you stare at them.  I can't image
needing or wanting anything stronger.

Also, for the $200 mentioned, Pantera Electonics only provides the rear
brake lights.  It's another $200 for the tail light LEDs and another $200
for the front turn and running light LEDs.  Plus you'll need an electronic
flasher  ($17).  The Space City LED kit contains LED bulbs for all the
exterior bulbs - front running and turn lights, front and rear side marker
lights, rear brake and tail lights, and also includes an electronic flasher
and wiring pigtales to get your indicator bulb in the dash working properly.

Muscat Dave Bell