[DeTomaso] FW: Driver's window removal

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Mar 8 19:26:33 EST 2008

In a message dated 3/8/08 13 19 4, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

> It's all good up to the remove the glass part.
> The glass is free inside the door but I can't find a way to wiggle it out.
>
>>>I let Kirk Evans do that for me on my car.   After removing the bottom
half of the window run (which bolts into the car) there is sufficient room to
wiggle the glass and extract it from the outside of the door.

> (Now I don't know what weathershield means - maybe a Ford guy coping with an
> Italian non-manual.)
>
>>>The weathershield is the layer of thick, heavy plastic (like Hefty bag
plastic, but about twice as thick) that should be taped all the way around the
inside of the door, keeping the water that runs through the door from touching
the inner surface of the door panel, or entering the car.